Thursday, May 13, 2010

#102 Rotisserie Chicken


I am wanting to eat better when I am on the road.  I am amazed how little "good" food there is to choose from in the store.  EVERYTHING is packaged for instant consumption or needing little preparation.  Everything is full of chemicals; hydrogenated oil, processed soy products, high fructose or artificial sweetener.  It freaks me out how much "food" has evolved.  There is little "real" food to eat.  I bought some bananas, strawberries, grapes, an apple and a bell pepper to snack on, but wanted something more.  I wanted a candy bar so bad, but I have to lay off the candy and sweets. The deli has plenty of deep fried and carbs. to choose from.  I settled for a rotisserie chicken.  I was so hungry. It was so good, while I dug into it while driving, yes driving. I can't do that anymore. I am not sure if it was a healthy choice, but it was the most real thing I could find. I ate half and took the other half home for dinner for Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment