Sunday, January 31, 2010

#26 Self-Reliance


Being self-reliant isn't so much about just becoming independent as it is about becoming like the Savior in serving and blessing others.  When I am able to manage my own personal life, develop my talents and learn new skills I can then use my time and resources to help others. What a blessing it is to be in a position to serve others and enrich their lives for good.  It is so important to care for ourselves emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually so that we are in a position to help those in need. I have a friend who has learned to crochet rag rugs and is now teaching an older neighbor of hers.  My cousin, Pam helps her elderly neighbor with computer skills, my neighbor is adopting Haitian children, my brother, who owns a plumping business, helps family with plumbing problems. There are so many, who are living the law of self-reliance and becoming like the Savior through their unselfish service to others. 

Guides to Provident Living here and here
If you would like to donate to the Haitian people go here
Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment